Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yarn Balls

About a month ago, I was in a store with my MIL, and I came across some decorative balls that were made with yarn.  I picked one up, studied it, and realized that I could make my own.  I have been working on them all week and I finally finished.  I might need to make a few more.  However, I finished the ones that I bought.  I started off buying 2 four-inch stryofoam balls and 6 three-inch balls.  I also bought some yarn from Hobby Lobby and Wal*Mart.  I got the multicolored at Hobby Lobby and the brown from Wal*Mart. 

P1010983P1010984P1010985

I used a clear tacky glue to stick the yarn on the ball.  I put the yarn on in a spiral.   

P1010988

I think they all turned out great and I am so proud.  However, they were time consuming.  I only did two a day and finally finished today. 

P1010989

I got this beautiful bowl as a wedding present, but I had nothing to put in it.  I used to keep the salt and pepper in it.  I knew that was very redneck, and I am so thrilled that the balls look great.

Before 

P1010992

After

P1010991

Britney

No comments:

Post a Comment