Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A little bit of this…

As of tomorrow I will be officially Britney Speer!!!  Today after a good lunch with Stephanie I headed towards Hot Springs to finally file for my name change on my social security card.  I really do not know why I procrastinated so long because it was fairly easy and only took about 45 minutes.  On another note,  I woke up this morning to no electricity.  It was off for at least two hours.  Since everybody was either at work or school, I had nobody to talk to, and I had no television or internet. So I sat on the couch and had nice big bowl of cereal in the quiet.  (I could seriously survive on cereal.)

Yesterday started out as a pretty stormy day.  Daisy was naturally freaking out and before Tyler and I even knew it was storming, she jumped in bed with us.  I did not even know she could jump on the bed.  When I made it to school, the electricity kept going on and off in my first class.  However, that did not stop my teacher from teaching in the dark. 

I received an email yesterday that said today was One Day Without Shoes.  It is a challenge to individuals to see how long they can go without shoes.  Its purpose was to help raise awareness of the impact a pair of shoes can have on a child.  I read in the email that in Ethiopia, approximately 1 million people are suffering from a debilitating disease called podoconiosis, which is 100% preventable with basic hygiene and shoes.  I have not been able to go without shoes all day but I plan to keep my shoes off the rest of the evening. 

I took this picture a couple of weeks ago and had almost forgotten about it.  That zebra square to the left of Daisy is her pillow.  She hardly ever lays completely on her pillow but this night she was not even close.

daisy

Britney

No comments:

Post a Comment