Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Christmas

I am hating myself just a little bit right now for not making notes or something.  I am having a little trouble remembering everything that happened around Christmas, but let’s see how I do... 

This Christmas, I was in charge of making candy for Christmas Eve at my grandma’s.  I was so excited!!  I LOVE ME SOME SWEETS!!!!!  Not to toot my own horn, but I think my candy was a success.  We had an early celebration on Christmas Eve at grandma’s this year.  It was so nice to visit with family.  We spent a lot of time watching Donald’s little girl Morgan.  She was just a doll.  Shame on me for not getting any photos.

After lunch, Tyler and I went over to his house for Christmas Eve.  We watched Christopher open a mountain of gifts, and we also exchanged gifts with each other.  It was fun watching Christopher actually enjoy opening presents this year.

P1020025 P1020021 P1020024

I didn’t take many photos the rest of the evening, and this is the only photo I got of me and Tyler.

P1020023

We spent the night at his parent’s house.  Which allowed us to be there in the morning for brunch and stockings.  After we were full and had spent some more time with family, we went to my parent’s house.  We got there at about noon.  We started opening presents immediately.  Years ago, my mom decided that she wanted Christmas to last all day.  Therefore, she made the decision to only let us open presents 1 (sometimes 2) / hour.  It is so much fun but is sometimes torture.  Tyler got to experience this tradition for the first time this year.  I am not sure where he stands on it.  :)  I think we opened our last presents at about 7:00 that evening.  My mom also made a huge traditional Christmas dinner.  I am pretty sure I rolled away from the table.  Another tradition that my dad instated years ago was to watch It’s a Wonderful Life.  A great Christmas movie!!!

Overall, I had a great Christmas.  I had some new experiences because I made candy, and mostly because it was my Christmas as a married woman.  Tyler and I didn’t get each other anything this year to unwrap because we got each other cruise!!  (Stay tuned…)

*******

Today has been a rainy blur.  I am glad to be home.  As soon as I made it to the apartment, I changed into my pjs and fuzzy socks.  I am currently making some “puppy chow.” 

Happy Mid Week Ya’ll

Britney

No comments:

Post a Comment