Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!

Well, I definitely had a great weekend.  Tyler and I left out Thursday for Mena.  He had to do some work before hand which meant we had to drive from Arkadelphia, to Shreveport, then to Broken Bow, and finally Mena.  It was a very long day of driving but we had a good day.  Friday, I got to try my hand at gardening.  I spent the day with my momma, and we decided Friday morning to re-do a flower garden that had been forgotten about for many years.  We went to the store and picked out flowers, but when we got home, I had full reign on the planting.  I was very proud of how it turned out.  However, when we were picking out flowers, we never looked at the little directions label they come with. So I don’t know if some need more sun or water than others.  They will all be treated equal.  Momma and I just picked out what we thought were pretty. 

Here are some before and after shots…

P1010977

P1010979

P1010978

P1010982

P1010980

 P1010981 

I have also added some concrete frogs that my parents have had forever to the little garden.  However, I found and added them after I finished taking the photos.  On Saturday, I visited with my Grandma and Grandpa Rogers.  They came to Mena for a High School Reunion.  (I forgot to take pictures of their visit.)  After they left, Tyler and I spent the day lolly-gagging around.  We went around to some shops and looked at the Memorial Day sales.  Later in the day we got some slushies from Cruizzer’s.  I always get grape, and it always turns my tongue purple.  We brought our slushies over to Tyler’s parents’ house and enjoyed them outside in the sitting area.  It was so nice.  I am not sure if I have ever blogged about our other dogs, but they are beautiful labs.  Shelby is the blonde lab.  I picked her out, and she is just as stubborn and hard-headed as me.  Buddy is the black lab.  He is a GREAT dog and of course Tyler picked him.

Here are a few photos of that afternoon…

 purple tongue

 shelby and buddy

Sunday after church, Tyler decided that he wanted to wash and wax the car.  Since I am a good supervisor, I decided to watch and lay out in the sun.  He did an excellent job!!!!!!  However, by the time he got around to waxing it I had made my way inside to the air conditioning and fell asleep.  I woke up in just enough time to see him put up the stuff.

Here are a few photos of him washing and smiling with the final product…

washing car

 car cleaned

   The rest of the weekend was spent eating.  :)  Yesterday my mom made a feast for Tyler, dad, Manda, Macen, and I.  It was delicious.  We had grilled steaks, baked potatoes, shrimp kabobs, baked beans, rolls, and watermelon for dessert.  I have to say that I had to roll away from the table.  Over all, it was a great weekend. 

Tomorrow I start my first summer class.  It is some sort of management class.  I am not sure what it is about or what I will learn.  All I know is that I have to have it.  I hope you all have had a great weekend too. 

Thanks to all who serve and have served our country.  

Britney

No comments:

Post a Comment