Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring is Here in FULL Bloom

Last week, I went to Garvin Woodland Garden for the kick-off of AAFCS.  It was my first time at both the conference and the garden.  I couldn’t believe how many beautiful tulips were blooming.  They were all so beautiful.  The garden also has their own peacocks that roam around the entrance building.  These are just a few pictures I took with my phone. 

1315141 2 3 4 5 6 7 8Weren’t those just some puuurrrttttyyy pics?  I thought so.

Back to the conference…

The annual Arkansas Affiliate of Family and Consumer Science conference was last Thursday and Friday.  Henderson was the host college.  I am a dietetics major, but for 2012, I am also the FCS/Dietetics club secretary.  Therefore, I felt like I should attend to show my support for our “little” club.  (<--- back to that later).  I actually enjoyed myself for those two days.  On Thursday, we spent our morning at the garden, where our hair expanded due to the humidity.  Then, we had lunch at a local restaurant.  There, we had our first guest speaker.  He talked for about 45 minutes about mental health in the workplace.  Me being me totally misunderstood the title and thought he would be discussing mental disabilities.  However, that was not what he was talking about at all.  My bad. :)

On Friday, we had guest speakers all day.  I really enjoyed all of them.  However, by the end of the day, I was getting a little squirmy and couldn’t really focus.  I was also very under dressed for the event.  When I walked in, I saw that everybody was wearing dress clothes, and I was in jeans.  Luckily, I was sitting most of the time.

I took this photo one day last week.  I thought it was funny because Tyler seriously couldn’t remember where he put his phone, and this is where we discovered it.  

11    

Last weekend, Tyler and I bought bikes.  We had been talking about it for about year, and we finally did it.  Boy, I had no idea how much work they would be.  When we got them home, we noticed that mine had a huge slice in the tire.  So, we took it back to Wal*Mart to get a new tire.  That was no big problem.  Then, when were replacing it, we discovered there was a hole in the tube.  So we had to go back to Wal*Mart to get a new one.  Finally, we got the bike together, and we set out on our first bike ride.  The weather was great.  Not long into the ride, I discovered just how out of shape I am.  But, that is going to change soon. :) We left the bikes in Mena for the week, and we have been regretting it greatly.  The weather has been amazing, and with the time change, it does not get dark at 5. 

I want to leave my blog today with a Bible passage.  There are some families in my hometown that need our prayers.

“Be strong and courageous.  Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you.  He will not leave you or forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6

Britney

No comments:

Post a Comment