I can’t believe Halloween is less than a week away. Before long it will be Thanksgiving. Then Finals. THEN CHRISTMAS BREAK!!!!!!!!!
Since it is so close to Halloween, that means the semester is a little over half way through and the teachers are piling on the projects. Let me paint a picture…
- Meal Mgt: Every Friday for the next three weeks my group and I have to prepare a meal. I have a special menu project due November 7. A baking project due November 30. A food demonstration sometime around November 14-21.
- Family Relations: A journal analysis due November 4. An 8 page autobiography due November 30.
- Food Economics: A diabetic menu due November 1. A renal menu due November 10. A microbe assignment due November 15. A case study due November 17.
- Family Resource Mgt: Project idea due November 1. Four articles due 11-3, 11-10, 11-17, and 12-1. Project summary due November 29. Book review due November 15
- FCS Seminar: Project due November 16.
- And to top it all off… three days a week of Business Stats homework.
I mentioned that for the next three weeks I have to prepare a meal. The cooking part isn’t too bad. I actually enjoyed it last week, when it was my turn to cook. I felt like I was cooking my troubles away. :) It was really nice because afterwards I didn’t have to many dishes or clean up to do at all. On Friday, I turned half a whole chicken into Lemon Baked Chicken. It was delicious. The hardest part was cutting through the breast bone. I don’t know why I couldn’t just cut off the breast meat. I was just following instructions. I also made an apple pie from scratch. I don’t even like pie, but I was very willing to eat the pie I slaved over. The absolutely worse part was staying within our $10.65 budget. Have you ever tried to fix a meal for 4 people with everything from scratch? Not an easy task. I was $2.50 over. :(
Today, I only had one class. I wouldn’t even call it class because I took a test and went home. I made an A on the test by the way. After I got home, Tyler and I went to Wally-World to get some much needed groceries. When we are out of milk, I feel like I can’t cook. :) We bought some pumpkins and carved them this afternoon. I will post pictures tonight when they are lit.