Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

too random to give just one name

I can’t believe I haven't blogged since my sisters’ birthdays.  I have had a lot going on in the last week.  I guess I should start with where I left off.
For Manda’s Birthday, I threw her a small party to celebrate.  It was really nice, dad grilled hamburgers and hotdogs, and I took care of everything else.  I made her cake and cookies.  The cake was multi-colored.  I was extremely nervous about it, but it turned out great.  I don’t have pictures of the party because I only took pictures with dad’s camera.  Silly me. :) 
Last week, was my short week of school because I had Fall Break!!!!  That’s right a nice 4 day weekend.  It was so nice and it just happened to fall on my birthday. :) Unfortunately, the days flew by because I had some fun new things planned. 
Tuesday, Tyler took me shopping for my birthday.  It was so nice.  We got a few things for the house, clothes for ourselves, and a nice dinner consisting of steak, hot buttery rolls and potatoes.
Tyler found these at the store, and I just love them!!
c2 c1On Thursday (my 22nd birthday), I cut 10 inches off my hair and plan on donating it to Locks of Love.  I have it bagged up, I just haven’t mailed it in.  I love my new cut, and I think everybody else does too.  I enjoyed having long hair, but I think short hair is so much more fun.  I had Manda take pictures so that she would be occupied and not make gasping sounds. 
h1h2h3h4h5 finished hairOn Friday, I woke up at 4:30 (by accident) and was ready for a fun girls-day-out.  I went to War Eagle with my MIL and SIL for the first time.  It was amazing, and I can’t wait to go back again next year.  I really can’t wait to have a house of my own, so I can decorate with all the super cute lawn items.  I did by a couple things including a wall plaque and two dough ornaments (I couldn’t decide).  We had a late lunch at Applebee's, and on the way home, we stopped in Fort Smith for a little more random shopping. 
plaque o1 o2Saturday was a blur because I spent the majority of the day in the kitchen.  I have a class this semester called Meal Mgt.  It hasn’t been too bad until this week.  I am in charge of taking half a whole chicken and making a meal for four people.  I can’t use anything considered a “convenient” item like soups, crackers, breads, things from cans, etc.  I also have to cook a fresh vegetable, double crust pie, and hot beverage.  I finally have all my recipes.  I intend on making Lemon Baked Chicken, fresh green beans, apple pie (from scratch), and hot cocoa.  Before I knew I couldn’t use convenient items, I made a meal of Poppy Seed Chicken (YUM!!). However, that recipe uses too many convenient food items, so I decided to change it.  I also made an apple pie this weekend, even though I don’t care for pie, it turned out pretty good.
pie 
Happy Mid-Week!!!
Britney

No comments:

Post a Comment